Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My first week…..

The first week of my internship…. Erm… a very good beginning…

Even I just spent about 1 week at this home, I able join with the children here well. I feel so glad because they all accept me as their “new members” and I love them so much. I tried my best to join them more, so that I can more close with them, become more understand them. So, I joint them go to swimming on Saturday, and went to church on Sunday. Even though I am not a Christian, but I am a free thinker, so I don’t mind to spend my Sunday at church, because I have a good chance to know more about chirstian, so that I can more understand my clients! Ha.. that is about cross-cultural counselling.

For the first week, i was busy to choose the clients, set the schedule, plan for the whole internship to ensure that I able to complete the require credit hours on time! I spent a lot of time to get the idea what the guidance activities that I should do…. I hope that I can do more than I can….. I hope I can do my best!! I hope I can provide some contribution to this home.

I had started my individual counselling, group counselling and the guidance activities. So far so good! My clients had come for the counselling session, and willing to cooperate with me. I will try my best to make my clients feel happy to come and see me for the counselling.

But, I did face with some difficulties to handle children (10 & 11 years old) cases because they can’t talk in a long period, after 15 minutes, sure they will lose patient. In addition, they are too young to express their thought and mind. Haha.. This is the time for me to read some extra material to get some idea of how to handle the counselling with children.

The first week, full of happiness but busy. I delayed the time for the case note reporting and the daily personal journal. Tonight, I am so happy… because… finally, I had rushed to complete all!! Haha~

I need to manage my time better, don’t delay my work!!

And the most important…. I really hope that, after working hours, I can rest my mind…. Don’t think about my counselling stuffs! I need a good rest, to have a better working performance for the next day.

And for sure, I need more time for blogging …. Haha…

12/1/2009 11.20 pm

4 comments:

Hishammudin DaMy said...

hello my dear janice...
gud luck for your internship!!! miss you so much!!!

Jenice said...

aiyo.. sham.. pls don be too sweet la..
later all my friends thought u r my bf la... haha...
later no guys want pikat me leh..
jia you jia you oh... yo~

JerRy said...

Yo...Sounds very fun and SONG for entertain and tackle ur "Client" wo...Gambeteh ya Jenice. Keep Ur Good Work Loh ^^

Jenice said...

finally, you called me jenice.. not xiao mei mei liao har... haha